*This post contains afiliate links
Hey everyone ! I’ve been in the mood to play with greens , even added the rest of the neon yellow and neon dyes to my hair. Plus I just recently started playing around with the Juvia’s Place Rebel Army palette. I really liked the dark greenish black shade , and wanted to try using it with some other palettes. This is one of those times where i picked one shade and tried to pick colors to compliment it from my other palettes. Plus I feel like that shade would work well as dinosaur color. And yeah I know we don’t what all dinosaur colors were, we do know a few from checking out the pigment’s on a few feathers. Here’s some articles for those interested :
But another part of the inspiration is the old school dino art that often featured green dinosaurs such as this :
art by R. Kline not mine either but wanted to give a good example. Also to see more vintage dino art I highly reccomend Love in the Time of Chasmosaurs . There’s always really cool vintage dinosaur art on there.
So enough of the dinosaurs let’s check out the products I used:
- Nyx Jumbo eyeliner in Milk for the base
- Nyx glitter glue as a sticky base for the shimmer
- Sugarpill Funsized , I used the kind of olive toned yellow shade , Continue? I don’t use this shade this much but appreciated how unique it is in my collection.
- for my V and bottom part of my eye look I used Juvia’s Place Rebel Army , the dark green matte . It looked more blackish when I used it with the Rebel Army palette , but here in this look it definitely looked more green toned.
- For my brow bone I mixed the matte neutrals Oh Honey and Gardenia from the Garden of Juvia’s palette and blended those into Continue?
- And for the shimmer shade I chose Flower Petals from Garden of Juvia’s . This has kind of cool shift , green to yellowish gold.
- Wet n Wild waterproof breakup proof eyeliner in waterline
- Nyx That’s the point liner for my wings
- E.L.F Big Mood Mascara top lashes
- Wet N Wild moisturizing mascara for bottom lashes
- E.L.F Watermelon Jelly Pop primer
- Revlon Color Stay concealers , 01 and 15
- BeautyBlender bounce skin tint
- Maybelline Smokey Jade lipstick
Up close the shimmer looks more yellow , but further away it’s more green.
Also I may haave finally reconciled with the Maybelline Smokey Jade lipstick. It’s gotten older and now is a bit easier to apply on my lips without being extra streaky. I may actually wear it more often now .
So that’s all for now. I’ll have to try out some other green looks with the Rebel Army , plus I have two other mini palettes to review. Have a great week ! Also name your favorite dinosaur if you have one 🦕.