Feliz Día Los Muertos everyone ! I know I’m posting this om the last day of the celebration , but I was pretty busy with some other things and decided I wanted to try celebrating with some makeup .
Día Los Muertos is usually celebrated November 1st through 2nd , but some places in Mexico can have the holiday extend to a week . And other places will have October 31st be the day you prepare your altars , food and such . Also it’s can be a special day to remember deceased children . To be honest I have not had the opportunity to celebrate the traditional holiday , but I see my family in Mexico online celebrate Día de Los Muertos . So I ask them some questions and read a bit online . Plus in the past my Mom would make traditional Mexican pumpkin candy ( it’s so good ) . So while I don’t have all the ingredients for pumpkin candy , it’s nice to hold that memory as this holiday is all about celebrating the life and death of your loved ones .
Now my look is a different from the traditional looks , but I tried to keep the scallops around the eye sockets , the nice lines , and even tried to make my own flower crown with some fake flower ties and a headband . The dress is from one of my aunt’s in Mexico, who was kind enough to give me some cool clothes . I thought it went well with the aesthetic of La Catrina . I still don’t really speak Spanish well , but technology and being able to see and talk with my family online has really helped me feel closer culturally . It also helped that Mom tried to educate me best she could on some of the traditions too . With that said I’ll go into the products , which there is a lot :
- Nyx White Shadow Base
- BH Cosmetics Fairy Lights palette Marvelous (matte deep black) used around my brows and lower parts of my eye . Also used to contour on hollows of cheeks.
- Juvia’s Place Wahala Palette ( Sis ) smokey charocoal , used to blend out Marvelous into Woke( a light lilac shade ) also used Unafraid ( the holographic lilac/blue shimmer duochrome) in the inner corners of my eyes .
- Glamlite Donut palette So Sweet ( purple matte shade blended into Woke) and Grape ( purple shimmer with blue reflects )
- Royal Nubian palette , I used the darkest purple into my outer corner . Also had to use as blush over my Fenty Cheeks out blush as it wasn’t dark enough. I also contoured with it too . The glitter in this palette was also used on my scallops (with glitter glue) and on the lines on my face .
- Juvia’s Place Mini Violet’s palette , used the darkest purple for outer corner . I did so much blending .
- Nyx That’s the point liner
- Revon Color stay liner in waterline
- Milk Kush mascara
- Milk heart tattoo stamp
- Colourpop pink heart stamp
- Nyx Glitter Glue
- Sugarpill Lipstick in Zero on my nose , and lines on my lips .
- Limecrime Diamond Crushers Black Unicorn on my nose and lips
- Blow pony lipstick on my lips
- Nyx Amethyst lipstick on my chest for design
- Fenty Cheeks out blush in Drama Cla$$ as contour
- Fenty Matchstix Highlighter in Unicorn on cheeks
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Concealer in 4
- Beauty Blender concealer in 2.10 I wanted a lighter shade to look more bone like.
And now the pics ! I wanted to try different angles to show off the makeup .
I had a lot of fun with this look ! Plus it’s a nice to remember all my loved ones who have passed . And yes it’s sad they’re no longer here , it’s important to remember the good times and celebrate life ✨💕. Hopefully next year I can visit my family in Mexico during the holidays. Also fun fact the xoloitzcuintli (Mexican hairless dogs ) were similar to Anubis the Egyptian jackal god and helped guide the souls to the afterlife in Mesoamerican lore . Have a good week everyone ! 🦄✨