So in an earlier post I showed off my Sugarpill Capsule bundle . And finally after restraining myself for a few days , I decided to take some pictures and swatch the colors . I started off with the pink capsule , as I was super excited to see how nice the pastels were . And wow! Lets just get into the review .
First of all the packaging is adorable. The palette comes in a plastic case that keeps the palette from moving around . And on the other side of the palette are the names of the shadows . Theres also a small mirror on the lid, but for the most part the palette is transparent. The actual pill is pretty sturdy and is about the size of an iphone . Inside the shadows are arranged in a molecule pattern . The whole layout and design is very creative and not really like any palette that I currently own.
The theme is very pastel and almost Sailor Moon-like. I was really impressed with the swatches, and how nice they applied to my eyes . The shade, Baby Doll worried me the most and I was afraid it wouldn’t show up on my skin but it looks great here. It’s ghostly but you can definitely see it and that’s without primer.
So this palette is centered around a really nice pink blush, its sort of a bubblegum pink. and Supernova can be used as a highlighter but I liked using it on my eyes too.
So shades by name are:
- Slow Drive is a matte indigo color darker than 8-Bit( funsized). Its easy to work with though which is nice . I like blending this with Undone to make a really nice violet color.
- Cloud 9 is a beautiful aqua blue shimmer and it shows up sheer in my swatches but looks amazing with glitter glue or a tacky base.
- Dream State is another topper shade, it looks purplish duo chrome in the pan but is way more sheer or shimmery. I tried using it as a highlighter but I prefer Supernova .
- Glory is dusty rose pink color, I used this color like neutral sometimes for my crease or transition shade. its very pigmented and easy to work with.
- Undone is a dusty plum color. Its very easy to blend out and I had no issues with using this color.
- Baby doll is a pastel ghostly periwinkle. I love this color and usually have Supernova layered on it. I was really surprised this shade worked on my skin tone. I do still use primer and white eyeshadow base too.
- Supernova -is the shimmery unicorn highlighter , its pink and blue shift. I really like this shade and it works as a topper too.
- Radiate is a nice lime chartuese green matte shade. Its similar to Sugarpill’s Twitch shade but brighter and more neon.
- Melody – This is the pink blush, its super pigmented and can be buffed out easily. It was super bright on my cheeks so I use just a little on my brush. And yes I have used it on my eyes too.
- Ember is the bright yellow shimmer shade. At first I thought it was a gold but looking closer at Ember , I noticed its way more yellow.
And Finally looks :
For this look I used Glory, Undone and Slow dive blended together, Baby doll, then Supernova. And finally Melody on my cheeks. I was really surprised with how pigmented Melody really was.
I think I used Melody on cheeks here as well. But I tried it out on my eyes too, along with Undone,Dreamstate and Radiate on my lower lashes. This one was pretty fun.
And finally this was the look I wanted to show off Ember with, I used Slow Dive to add contrast, Glory as a transition, Supernova as both a highlighter on my face and brow bone, Radiate around Ember and Dream State in my inner corner. Oh and Melody for blush too. I couldn’t really see Supernova on my face in the pics but it could’ve been my lighting was wrong.
Overall I’m very happy that I have these in my collection. The colors and formulas are solid, and the packaging is really cute. I would definitely recommend if you like pastels or are a fan of Sugarpill . I’m honestly wondering if there will be more Capsule releases in the future. If so I hope they make a purple capsule or green, as I think those would be really fun to have around too. I’ll probably have the Orange Capsule review next week sometime . Plot Twist , I really like that one too:)